Tuesday, May 3, 2011

We've moved!

For those that don't know, our small Smith Family has relocated.  

I know I vowed to never live in Utah County again, but when Ryan returned to his previous employer, Performance Audio, and was assigned to the new Orem store I felt Ryan commuting for 2 hours a day would be unkind.   So we moved as far south as I was willing to go, American Fork.

This is my cute little Townhouse!

  We found this wonderful place for rent only 10 minutes away from Ryan's work.  It's also close to the free-way and Target.  There are two things that made me fall in love with this place:

1) It has a pull down entrance to the attic.  I know everyone secretly wishes they could have a cool entrance to their attic.

2)  Private Patio!!


The view outside my kitchen window

Plenty of gardening space

At our last two apartments I've attempted to grow tomatoes and peas with little to no luck.  So when we looked at this place I was so excited to see real garden space.  The owners had previously planted Raspberries, Chives, and I think Strawberries.  So now with a little love and care I'm going to make this Patio Bloom!

In this box I've planted Red Cabbage, Lettuce and Peas.  After I see how the cabbage does I might plant some red potatoes.

This box has some Columbines, regular Cabbage and radishes.

 This box already has Chives & Strawberries.  I've planted onions, beets and more peas.  Once Utah weather starts to cooperate I'll also plant some beans!

This is the biggest area.  It's already got the Raspberries and Strawberries.  I've planted lettuce, carrots, peas, and radishes.  This box will be perfect for my Tomatoes and peppers!











Also, The owners planted lots of Flowers around the front lawn so the place looks pretty without me having to do to much!



2 comments:

  1. Your flowers look so great! I wish mine looked that good with little work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey look at you, it's been awhile since I have checked your blog. I didn't realize you had posted anything, I am so glad you did. Thanks for the pictures, I like envisioning your new place. We still need to come down and see it in person!

    ReplyDelete